New EICR Regulations
As many of you are now aware, the government have brought in "The Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020". In simple terms, this means every rented property in England that doesn’t have a valid electrical safety certificate MUST have one by April 2021 or sooner, depending on the tenancy arrangements. These arrangements are as follows:
Any property that has a new rental agreement commencing from the 1st July 2020, has to have a valid certificate supplied to each tenant within 28 days.
Any existing/long term tenancies that don’t have a valid electrical safety certificate must have one by 1st April 2021.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
An electrical installation condition report (EICR) also known as a Periodic Inspection Check is carried out to ensure the property is electrically safe for tenants. It helps to identify the following:
- Integrity and degradation of the wiring
- Damage to electrical accessories including sockets and switches
- Ensuring the property complies with relevant BS7671 regulations
Any rental property deemed not to be adhering to the new legislation can potentially lead to the landlord being fined up to £30,000.
This brings England closer to the "Housing (Scotland) Act 2014", where EICR’s have been similarly enforced on rental properties since December 2015.
Simple and Streamlined to Electrical Compliance
National Safety Inspections are an award winning electrical safety company, working alongside some of the country’s largest letting and estate agents bringing their current housing stock in line with these regulation changes. Our aim is to offer a streamlined simple route to electrical compliance. Our extensive knowledge and team of skilled electricians ensure a smooth efficient process from first contact with our amazing office staff to completion of the job.
The reasons we are industry leaders in this sector are down to:
- Company Priorities: At NSI we prioritise electrical safety testing, unlike other electrical firms, whose primary focus is large installation works.
- 72 Hours Certificate Turnaround: You will receive a digital certificate within 72 hours of job completion with a quotation for any remedial works that may be required.
- Remedial Works: We don’t subcontract any work, and everything is completed in-house. All required remedial works will be evidenced with a photo to ensure complete transparency.
- Client Portal: Never lose a certificate again. You will be supplied with unique log-in details to access all certificates in your dedicated client portal.
- Engineers: All engineers are directly employed by NSI, and will always be dressed in branded uniform with company ID badges. Due to the network of engineers we have available, sickness and absence issues can normally be covered by another engineer vastly reducing cancellations or rebooks.
- Ease Of Contact: Our highly trained office staff are always at hand to aid you with any questions or queries. We have a bespoke CRM system that ensures all company processes run smoothly and efficiently.
"A Personal Approach With A Professional Service"
From £150 + VAT
Price will vary based on location and number of properties. Price covers the first 15 circuits.
£150 + VAT for the first 10 circuits. From £12 + VAT per circuit thereafter.
All prices can be tailored to your requirements.